It’s that time of year again – the holiday season and the gift of giving. And we want to celebrate YOU this holiday season with a special contest, for our amazing customers. We’re hosting a Contest across all 4 of our stores, where you’ll have a chance to win a trip for two to Japan!
In addition, we have some amazing prizes (to get you all prepped for a trip of a lifetime) from our brand-friend sponsors: Lonely Planet, Birdling, LUNA Bar, and Da Vinci Haircare. Take a peek at the total package grand prize below.
HOW TO ENTER
Visit any of our stores from 11/28/2017 through 1/14/2018, to enter this contest.
At our store, you’ll find an official #FlyUsToJapan17 photo booth area, with directions there also of how to enter.
- Model any of our frames (no purchase necessary) in front of our JINS photo backdrop.
- Post your selfie pic either on your Instagram account or on our official contest page here.
- In your caption, let us know in 1-2 sentences on why you want to win a trip to Japan. If posting on Instagram, in the description ensure to include:
- @JINSeyewear, #JINSeyewear, #FlyUsToJapan, #CONTEST
- That’s it! Stay tuned on our social media channels below for an announcement of the winner in early February 2018.
Earn also extra entry points with these pro-tips below!
- Share your photo with friends and family on our contest page here – ask them to vote for your photo and gain extra entry points!
- Share the contest link (you’ll receive it in an email after entering) with friends!
— See complete Contest Rules and Details below —
“Win a Trip to Japan” Contest Official Rules
- DESCRIPTION: The JINS Eyewear “Win a Trip to Japan” Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on Sunday, January 14, 2018 (the “Contest Submission Period”). The Contest provides you with an opportunity to submit an in-store photo of yourself wearing JINS glasses and tell us why you and a friend should be selected to visit Japan to help promote JINS Eyewear according to the guidelines in these rules (the “Submission”). By participating in the Contest, you unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by JINS Eyewear US, Inc., 151 Powell Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (“Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old, are in the vicinity of a JINS eyewear store, have a valid passport, are willing and able to travel to from the US to Japan between January 30, 2018 and May 15, 2018, have internet access, and a valid Facebook or Instagram account in good standing throughout the Contest Period (“Contestants”). Contest is void in U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law. Employees and officers of the Sponsor, its parents and subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and all other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, advertising, administration or fulfillment of this Contest (the “Promotion Parties”) and their immediate families and persons living in the same household are ineligible to participate in the Contest. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- HOW TO ENTER: Online Submission only according to the Submission Guidelines section contained in these rules (“Submission Guidelines”). You may enter via Instagram or on JINS’ website following the instructions in these Rules. You must like “Like” our Facebook page at facebook.com/jinseyewear.
The URL to enter online is at http://jins.life/flyustojapan17.
Create your Submission:
Take a Photo: Take a photograph of yourself wearing any pair of JINS glasses (“Photo”) in any JINS-store at our official Japan trip hashtag photo station (click here for a list of JINS eyewear stores). The Photo should be authentic, energetic and inspiring. It can be funny or serious, and can reflect any emotion you want to (so long as the content does not violate the Submission Guidelines).
Write a Short Description: Write a short description consisting of one or two sentences, explaining in your owns words, why you want to go to Japan to help promote JINS Eyewear (“Description”). Description must be included with the Photo in your entry on or Instagram.
“Like” our Facebook page: Go to our Facebook page at facebook.com/jinseyewear and “like” our page.
The Photo and Description are collectively referred to as “Submission.”
Next, enter your Submission into the Contest through one of two (2) methods:
- To submit your entry via Instagram: Visit instagram.com and login to your Instagram account. Then, from your own Instagram account, post your Submission and include @JINSeyewear and the Contest hashtags #JINSEyewear, #CONTEST, and #FlyUsToJapan17.
- To submit your entry via online: Visit http://jins.life/flyustojapan17 and post your Submission. We encourage the contestant to share the post on Instagram and Facebook and include @JINSeyewear and the Contest hashtags #JINSEyewear, #CONTEST and #FlyUsToJapan17.
One (1) Submission per Contestant, regardless of method of entry. Contestants submitting multiple entries will be disqualified.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: We are looking for people who are authentic, dynamic, passionate, positive, and inspiring. We are also looking for people who are passionate about travelling to Japan. Your Submission should allow Sponsor to assess whether you genuinely display most, or all, of these qualities.
- You must take the Photo in a JINS store at the Japan trip photo station while wearing a JINS frame, sunglasses or JINS SCREEN glasses (no purchase needed).
- Your Photo may be in black and white, color, or using filters you may wish to apply.
- You must be in the Photo.
- When taking the photo, you must be in front of the official JINS step & repeat backdrop.
- The Photo may feature other individuals, as long as you have their permission to enter the Submission.
- Have fun with it but please keep it safe, positive, tasteful, and rated-G, and do not violate or infringe on someone else’s right, or you may be disqualified.
- Except for the JINS logos and images within the JINS display, you may not use logos or copyrighted materials of others.
- You must have all the permissions necessary to submit the Photo.
- Regardless of method of entry, in order for your Submission to be considered, you must explain why you want to go to Japan to help promote JINS Eyewear.
- Your Description must be in English be no longer than two (2) sentences in length. In the event that the description exceeds two sentences, the qualified judging panel will either disqualify the entry or read only the first two sentences, at its option.
- It must be solely written by you, in your own words, and be original, creative, truthful, compelling, and relevant to the Contest theme.
General Submission Guidelines: There are additional legal limits on what you can do:
- Submissions must be appropriate for a broad audience since the winning Submission may be broadcast on the web;
- Submissions should not feature any legible trademarks (including logos).
- Please, do not use your Submission to launch personal attacks on anyone or any discernable product, including competitor products.
- No Submission may depict any nudity, animal cruelty, harmful or illegal activity or substances, or offensive, obscene subject matter as determined in our sole discretion.
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- No Submission shall portray Sponsor in a negative light.
- Submissions must be original works of authorship, created by the person who submits the Submission. Contestants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Submission from any source, nor may the photograph include third-party copyrighted material without the copyright holder’s permission. By entering, you warrant that your Submission does not infringe any third party’s rights, and that you have obtained any necessary permissions from all relevant third parties to submit the Submission. If, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, your Submission constitutes copyright infringement, the Submission will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for any Submission removal by Instagram or other party pursuant to a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice. Such Submissions will be disqualified.
- You may not be, nor may you use in your Submission parties who: 1) are represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair our ability to show the Submission in any media form; 2) have an acting or modeling contract that would make their appearance in the Submission a violation of any third party rights; 3) are under a merchandising agreement; or 4) are under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prohibit them from participating fully in this promotion, or from allowing us to use the Submission online and in television media.
- Contestant must hold all rights to the entire Submission. Contestant must secure – and finalists may be required to submit – a written release from any Friend, actors and/or any other participant featured or tagged in the Photo to use their name and likeness under the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Any images contained in any Submission must be properly licensed, and evidence of such may be requested by Sponsor at any time during or after the Contest Submission Period. Contestant agrees to indemnify Sponsor against any and all claims from any third party for any use by Sponsor of the Submissions.
- Do not use imitations of famous people or characters from books, movie or television shows, etc.
- Each Submission must be in English.
- Submission must be original and created by the Contestant, unpublished, the sole property of the Contestant, and not previously submitted in any other Contest.
- We reserve the right to exclude any Submission that we believe doesn’t meet the above criteria, at our sole discretion.
- We encourage the contestant to share the post on their social media channels such as Facebook or Instagram, and they will receive bonus points if shared.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: All entries will be prescreened to insure the entries have correctly met the Submission Guidelines and meet with Sponsor’s general standards and practices prior to any judging (“Qualified Submissions”).
Qualified Submissions will be reviewed and scored by a panel of qualified judges, on a 100-point scale, according to the following criteria:
- Relevance to topic and communicates topic effectively and in a compelling way (30 points)
- Creativity and uniqueness (30 points)
- Authenticity, enthusiasm and energy (30 points)
- Visual quality, grammar and spelling (10 points)
Contestants will receive bonus points if they share their photo to friends and family on social media platforms. We encourage this but it is not required. In addition, Contestant can earn additional bonus points by sharing the contest to friends and family. Note that sharing is not a part of the main criteria but just bonus points.
The top-scoring Contestant will be deemed the potential winner of the Contest (“Selected Contestant”). In case of a tie, the tying submissions will be re-scored, and double-weight will be given to judging criteria #4.
Sponsor reserves the right, but does not have the obligation, to distribute or display any Submission in any media and on any website, including on its website, and social media pages. Contestants understand that users of these sites may share, comment on (including negatively) and re-post their Submissions during and after the Contest Period. Any requests by Contestants to have a Submission removed from consideration will be accommodated to the extent practically possible. Sponsor is not responsible for third party re-posting of Submissions.
The Selected Contestant will be announced on or around January 20, 2018. Selected Contestant will be notified via email or Instagram via direct message. Selected Contestant must respond (as directed) to the email or Instagram notification within five (5) days of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the Prize; and, in such case, Sponsor may choose the next highest scoring entry from among the remaining eligible entries. Selected Contestants also may be sent an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Unless restricted by law, each Selected Contestant will be required to complete and return the Release within five (5) days of the date notice is sent. If a Selected Contestant cannot be reached, is unable or unwilling to accept the Prize (or any portion of the Prize) or is disqualified for any reason, the Prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate Selected Contestants may be determined, after which the applicable Prize will remain unawarded. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, the potential Selected Contestants may also be subject to a background check to confirm the appropriateness (as solely determined by Sponsor) of placement as the Selected Contestant. Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute and signify each Selected Contestant’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the Selected Contestant’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or Prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor will not make multiple attempts to contact Selected Contestants. Assumed notification by caller ID and any subsequent returned calls do not constitute a winner. The name, hometown, social media handle, and Submission of Selected Contestant may be announced and posted on Sponsors’ website(s) and social media pages and may potentially be aired nationally, in Sponsors’ discretion.
- PRIZE DETAILS: One trip for two (2) to Japan. Prize includes round trip coach class airfare for two (2), from a major US commercial airport nearest Selected Contestant’s home to a Japanese airport of Sponsor’s choice (“Prize”). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize: USD $2,200. Additionally from JINS, winners will receive four (4) coupons for free JINS glasses worth approximately $560.00, additional charges apply for custom lenses (e.g. progressive, bifocal, tinted, photochromic, polarized, JINS SCREEN, JINS SCREEN NIGHT, performance). Free glasses coupons valid for glasses or sunglasses (including frames and lenses), must be given to cashier at time of redemption, cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts, no cash value, non-transferable, not valid for online use, valid only in the U.S. and valid for one year from date of issue. Incidentals, including hotel accommodation and travel expenses within Japan are the sole responsibility of Selected Contestant.
Additionally, there are four other brand sponsors who will contribute to the winning prize. The winners will receive the following prizes from JINS eyewear’s brand sponsors. JINS Eyewear will ship these items to the winner’s address.
- 2 Japan travel guides c/o Lonely Planet
- 2 travel bags c/o Birdling
- 2 sets of nutrition bar snacks c/o LUNA Bar
- 2 sets of travel haircare products c/o Da Vinci Haircare
Sponsor is not responsible for guest selection and/or inability or unwillingness of guest to accept the Prize or go to Japan for any reason. Guest must be a legal resident of the United States, be 18 years of age or older, have valid passport, and be willing and able to travel to Japan on the dates provided in these Rules (“Guest”).
Selected Contestant and Guest must travel together and redeem Prize during the date range determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to select travel times acceptable to Selected Contestant and Guest. Choice of airline(s), and/or itineraries shall be at the discretion of Sponsor. Prize may be awarded in the form of coupon(s), vouchers and/or gift card(s). Actual value of Prize may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Once airline tickets have been issued, they shall not be changed, re-sold, endorsed, exchanged, transferred or in any other manner modified by Selected Contestant. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates. Travel must be completed by May 30, 2018. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and to the terms of conditions of the airline. Selected Contestant and Guest are solely responsible for any other unspecified expenses related to the travel Prize, including without limitation meals, hotel(s), tour guide(s), tour operator(s), ground transportation, gratuities, excess baggage charges, upgrades and any and all federal, state, and local taxes on Prize, including special airport taxes and fees. Travel restrictions, blackout dates, conditions and limitations may apply.
Selected Contestant and Guest must travel together on the same itinerary from the same airport. Guest of Selected Contestant must sign a liability release and the signed release must be received before travel will be booked. Selected Contestant must notify Sponsor of requested travel times at least forty five (45) days in advance; otherwise Sweepstakes Entities reserves the right to alter the request to accommodate availability. Selected Contestant not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of Prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of Prize, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize with another Prize of equal or greater value should the advertised Prize become unavailable for any reason. Any and all activities related to the Prize, including without limitation flying and traveling to or in Japan, are at the Selected Contestant’s and Guest’s own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern activities. Selected Contestant and Guest must have all necessary identification and travel documents and are responsible for all costs related thereto. Selected Contestant and Guest are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they may wish to obtain (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that neither Sponsor nor any of its Prize suppliers have or will obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. If Selected Contestant is unable to participate in or accept the Prize, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Selected Contestant.
The Prize is a taxable event. Selected Contestants are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on Prize and other unspecified expenses related to Prize.
- ADDITIONAL PRIZE OPTIONS: Selected Contestant, while in Japan, is encouraged to, but not required, to serve as an ambassador (“Ambassador”) and take photos and short videos for use by Sponsor on its website and through its social media channels. The Selected Contestant who chooses at his or her option to serve as an Ambassador will be provided Ambassador guidelines and pursuant to completing the trip and successfully providing the requested images, will receive two (2) coupons for free JINS glasses worth approximately $280.00.
- LICENSE: As a condition of receiving any Prize, and unless prohibited by applicable law, all Contestants hereby provide a One Hundred Eighty (180) day exclusive irrevocable worldwide license to Sponsor after which time, Sponsor shall retain a perpetual non-exclusive license to use the submitted Submission in any and all media throughout the world, in perpetuity, for any purpose whatsoever, without any additional compensation, the term of which shall be the entire life of the copyright. Should any Contestant be unwilling or otherwise unable to enter into license, or provide permissions and or releases or otherwise cannot accept or receive the Prize for any reason, Contestants with the next highest score will be chosen from the remaining entries until one who is able to meet all requirements can be selected. All potential Prize winners must provide Sponsor with all signatures on required paperwork and return all documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules in order to be eligible to receive the Prize. Contestants may not sell, assign or transfer any of their rights in their Submissions under these Official Rules. Contestants will not be paid for their submissions or for granting Sponsor any of these rights. While Sponsor will seek to post Submissions in the form as provided at the time of entry, all Contestants agree that due to technical or other limitations, Submissions may be altered from their original form and that Sponsor reserves the right to edit or modify the Submission in its sole discretion, including adding its logo or other trademarks. Sponsor may post Submissions in any order or sequence, with or without commentary, and may select any image from the Submission to serve as a thumbnail in its sole discretion.
- CONDITIONS. Contest is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, Contestants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a Prize, Selected Contestant agrees to release Sponsor, Instagram, including their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities together with the respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, and respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of Prize or participation in any Prize-related activities. Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death caused by the Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of Prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (iv) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest, in its sole discretion, should it receive fewer than 20 entries, or receive no entries that have a judged score above 60 points, or due to circumstances beyond its control, including natural disasters. Sponsor may prohibit Contestant from participating in the Contest or winning a Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such Contestant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, undermine or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. The internal laws of the State of California will govern disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Selected Contestant, and Selected Contestant and Guest may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded Prize. Sponsor is not responsible and shall not be held liable, and the Submission may be disqualified and may not be considered for any Prize, should your Submission be removed from Instagram for any reason (including without limitation DMCA take-down), or should your Submission be unavailable for any reason during or after the Contest Period. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsors’ control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit a Contestant from participating in the Contest or winning Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such Contestant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited. Any attempts to access the site, enter the Contest or increase votes or views via a bot script, device or brute-force attack will result in disqualification, including that IP address becoming ineligible for the entire Contest. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Contest. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, Selected Contestant’s acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use said Selected Contestant’s first and last name, photograph, likeness, statements, social media profile information, biographical information, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Promotion on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules or of the winner(s), send your request in a self-addressed, stamped envelope (WA and VT residents need not affix return postage) to: JINS Eyewear “Win a Trip to Japan” Contest 151 Powell Street, San Francisco, CA 94102. Request must be received within 90 days of the end of the Contest.
© 2017 JINS Eyewear US, Inc. All rights reserved.